Saturday, April 2, 2011

You had better read this today.

With yesterday being Friday one of things that I hear people ask each other is "What are your plans for the weekend?" I never thought that much about this question until I read James 4:13-16 which says:

13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.

These verses were the reason for today's title being "You had better read this today" because the problem lies in verse 13 when it says we will. Really are you sure?  Who says? We tend to do the same things. We can suffer from the same problem like the guy who sings for the Black Eyed Peas. You know, Will I Am. No, I not picking on the guy personally but when I think of his name (if that is his real name) We too tend too say I Am going to do this, I am going to do that, I am going to this place or that place. Again really? Who says? When you say this you are tending to boast in your own plans and then when they get changes you may get all worked up, dejected or depressed. As much as you think about your weekend and plan the things you are going to do, you are not in control. How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Life changes very fast. You could be in a horrific crash, you could get devastating news about a loved one, You could die in your sleep, or die countless other ways. You really need to stop and think about who is really in control of your tomorrow. I've got a news flash for you it's not you. It is of course Jesus.

It will be really hard but my goal is to be less like Will i Am  and become more like Will i Am Not. I am not in control. When asked of my plans my goal is to say I am, less and Lord willing more. Besides what ever you do this weekend either good or bad God allows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment