Monday, April 4, 2011

Shhhhhh Keep This To Yourself.

Shhhhhh keep this to yourself if you don't want to get better.

There are two things in life that society tells us not to talk about and they are faith and politics. But tell me what two things affect your life more. I think we are told this so we won't go out a speak of our faith and it just plays on the fact that I think most of us tend to be very private people when it comes to things in our lives, especially the things that we struggle with. We tell ourselves,that is no body's business but our own. In short our pride gets in the way of our recovery. Just consider what James 5:16 says:

 16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

You may think why would I confess my sins to someone else and pray with them. It says so that you may be healed. Is your pride so big that it prevents you from being healed?
When it says the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. I don't know about you but I'm going out and finding as many people that I can to pray for me. Surely one of them will be righteous and earnest in their prayers for me.

This takes me back to one of the statements people make that just drives me crazy and that is you don't have to go to church to be a Christian. Again technically that is correct but realistically it's not. A good church family is where you can find those people whom you can trust enough to confess your sins to and have them pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment