Friday, April 8, 2011

Honesty Is The Best Policy

Today I have posted more scripture than usual. As I was reading in Job 7 today I was struck by the words of Job's prayer to God. Read verses 16-21 and remember that God himself said that Job was the most righteous man in all the earth.

16 I hate my life and don’t want to go on living.
      Oh, leave me alone for my few remaining days.

 17 “What are people, that you should make so much of us,
      that you should think of us so often?
 18 For you examine us every morning
      and test us every moment.
 19 Why won’t you leave me alone,
      at least long enough for me to swallow!
 20 If I have sinned, what have I done to you,
      O watcher of all humanity?
   Why make me your target?
      Am I a burden to you?
 21 Why not just forgive my sin
      and take away my guilt?
   For soon I will lie down in the dust and die.
      When you look for me, I will be gone.”


What stood out to me is that in his prayer to God Job's words were all completely honest. We have perhaps all heard people pray and use all the big words and throw in all of the Thy's, Thee's  and Thou's. Their words make us think we could never pray aloud, that we just don't know how to pray right. But when you look here at the words Job used it's not that hard. When you talk to God just be honest like Job was and tell him what is on your heart. He already knows anyway. Just be honest with him.

1 comment: