Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dining Guide

Last Friday night I actually had to wait for a table at a Costas here in Mount Pleasant. I have lived here for over 25 years now and that it the first time I can remember having to wait for a table. It is nice to see a place do well. I always say I do not like to eat out, that is somewhat of a lie. If it's good I don't mind at all.

This morning I thought I would share some of places that I do like to go. Keep in mind I don't get out much.

Jethro's (DesMoines, Altoona)
Texas Road House
Jimmy Jacks (Iowa City)
The Royal Mile (DesMoines)
Wendy's (purely for value, and a frosty)

If  I have to eat around Mount Pleasant

Little Mexico
Rome (value)
Short Stop (New London) tenderloin only
Costas

And of course at least once a year Mount Hamil

A good home cooked meal is still pretty hard to beat and I am blessed by the fact that I married a great cook. Perhaps Teresa is to good and that is why I like to eat at home so much.

2 comments:

  1. good post and good list of restaurants. we're in the same boat in that we married good cooks and i'd much prefer a good meal at home to a meal out...but cannot complain about a good meal out.

    ReplyDelete