Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ribs or bread?

I hate it when I convict myself. Well I know it's not really me. The other day I was sharing what I thought was a brilliant point with some people and I walked away feeling pretty good about myself. Then slowly as the hours passed I didn't feel so good, conviction started to set in.
We were talking about telling others about Christ even if they would not ever get it. Here is what I said that I have not stopped thinking a about since.

When I find a great place to eat I get all excited and tell everyone about it. Especially if it is a barbeque place. I bring it up in almost every conversation. I would tell someone about this great barbeque place not knowing that they may hate barbeque, but that does not stop me. Then if I find out later I think to my self oh well, I can't help it they don't like barbeque their loss.  Then go on and tell the next person.
Here is the rub (no pun intended). The thing that I have not been able to stop thinking about since. Am I as excited about Christ and what he has done for me as I am about Jethro's and Jimmy Jack's? I mean a person can get a good rack of ribs at these two places but what about the bread of life?
I should be talking more about the most important J. Not Jethro, Jimmy or Jack but Jesus.

John 6:35
Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment