Saturday, January 1, 2011

Movie review

Just saw the Chronicles of Narnia the voyage of the Dawn Treader. Best movie I have seen all year. Wait this is 1/1/11. It's the only movie I have seen all year. I find it very interesting that C S Lewis in all of his theological wisdom makes all of his references to Jesus, Heaven, Satan, evil, regeneration, and Christianity so vague. I kept waiting for him to spell it out. I have never read this series perhaps it is clearer in the books. At one point in the movie Asland says we have a name in our world for him. I went to the edge of my seat just waiting for him to say Jesus but it did not happen.

One other note in all but one of the previews I was taken by the fact that all but one of the movies was humanizing animals.  A topic for further discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment