Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Words mean things

I received an phone call from an dear friend yesterday who reminded me about the power of words and the fact that we need to choose our words carefully because they are powerful. After all God himself created everything around us with words, we are told that in Genesis 1. Then in James 3 it tells us that our tongue which we form words with can start vast fires. So we must decide if the words that we use will be used to glorify Christ or be used sin against him. In some situations no words at all are good and in others keeping quite can be a sin as well. Again that is why James 4:17 convicts me so much when is says Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

So the question becomes what will your words do today? Will they lift up the name of Christ or will they be used for something else?
For me when I couple this with what I heard in Sunday's sermon that we need to erase the boundaries we put up between our public life and our spiritual life this becomes a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Mike! Thanks for the encouragement and prayers. May God Bless you!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete