Saturday, January 15, 2011

Iron man

 This morning as I write this I have an unusual number of people that are weighing heavy on my mind for various reasons. Some possible un-confessed sin, some who are truly seeking Jesus, and some who are possibly back sliding. As I finished up Proverbs today a couple of verses stood out to me.

21:2 People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart.

28:13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.

I thought wow, these verses would really be good for these people. (and they would) but it was Proverbs 27:17 that got me.

27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

As a friend what am I going to do to help sharpen these people that have been on my mind.
Today think about sharpening someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment