Thursday, January 6, 2011

I remember

I remember when driving to DesMoines seemed like an all day affair. Now we drive there without even thinking about it.
I remember when I thought school would never end. Now I don't recall the name of my second grade teacher.
I remember when growing up I couldn't wait to get out of the house. Now I try to find more time to return home.
I remember when our girls were small. Now I look forward to someday being a grandparent.

I remember when I felt sorry for my parents when they became empty nester's and sat at home doing nothing. Now I look forward to being home doing nothing.

I remember when I thought I would never lose touch with pop music. Now I don't have a clue.

I remember when I heard people say "I remember when" I thought they were old.
Now I am old.

4 comments:

  1. good post. another reason you're old, you published this at 4:15 am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to tell you this but we are OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you wont be a grandparent to my children for awhile lol

    ReplyDelete