Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why do good things happen to bad people?

A few years ago I wrote a sermon on why do bad things happen to good people. I am still happy with the content but the shootings in Arizona and other things that family and friends are going through even today got me thinking about this topic again. I have grown allot since that sermon and now realize the title should have been why to good things happen to bad people?
As humans our standard for good compared to Jesus' is so low a rock could jump over it.
As Paul says in Romans 8:23 no one does good not even one. When you realize how much of a sinner that you really are and that Christ who was sinless died for you. You then realize that you deserve nothing.
So now when some one says why did such a bad thing happen to such a good person? I think in our sinless state why does God allow anything good to happen to anyone.
But thankfully I know that answer. It is only by His grace, and we need to thank him for it everyday. Only by his grace is why good things happen to bad people.
I can't believe
I am going to do this but I am reminded of the words by Michael Jackson when he said.
 "You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
You know it, you know.
(Bad bad-really, really bad) "
Thank you God for your grace and how you can take what was intended by Satan for bad and turn it in to something good that will bring you glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment