Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globe observations

These observations do have to do with the winners and losers from last night but not in the way that you might think.

Last night as I doing some reading and messing around on the computer Teresa was watching the Golden Globe awards. I was really taken back, yet not surprised at the attitudes and conduct of those who opened their mouths on TV. One of the very first interviews before the ceremony started was with the host of the event. The host was asked what are you going to do to push the envelope tonight? I think that says it all. The overall theme of this type of action is to make the immoral seem moral, to make something so outrageous that lesser things appear more normal, thus okay to the millions of Americans who watch this. Satan is so crafty.

 I could be very bitter and say that I was offended but instead I really felt sorry for them. I was reminded of a verse from Sunday's sermon about the prodigal son in Luke 15:17 where it says When he (the lost son) finally came to his senses. Perhaps some day some of these people will come to their senses or maybe not. That is not up to me.

One thing that I took away from this was why not work hard at making being a Christian look normal. If we worked as hard at it as the Hollywood elite did last night what a better place this would be.

1 comment: