Saturday, December 10, 2011

Anchors Away



Going to attempt something just a little bit different with the blog for a bit, driving down road yesterday I was listening to a worship song and there was a line in the song that made me stop and think for a little bit so I thought why not blog about it. So for a little while I am going to blog about lines or verses from some of my favorite worship songs. I will include a link to a video each time so you can hear the song in it’s entirety. The first song we are going to look at is Day After Day by Kristian Stanfill. The words are

 Day after day our God is reigning
He's never shaken
My hope is in the Lord

 Every day our God is reigning and never shaken. We can take comfort in the fact that God is in control and he knows what he is doing and nothing surprises him. After all he is God and he is sovereign. The next line is important as well when is says my hope is in the Lord. The word hope here is not like we tend to use the word. I hope the Hawkeyes will win however that does not happen very often. But the word hope in the Bible is more like an anchor something we can cling to and count on and yes my hope is in the Lord. He is who I cling to and count on for everything. Do you? Cling to the Lord and say anchors away.

Please let me know over the next couple of days what you think of the new format. Still having troubles posting the videos the way I’d like but you should be able to access them.
Day After Day video with lyrics.
http://youtu.be/qYW3eT0RZ9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment