Sunday, December 18, 2011

Presidental Endorsement




They say that there are two things that you should never discuss religion and politics. But in reality name me two things that affect your life more. The people that say these things are the ones who do not want the truthto get out. So if you have ever read my blog you know I mostly talk about faith and food. Today I have decided to weigh in on the 2012 presidential caucus and endorse a candidate. I truly believe that the people of the United State for whatever reason who are Conservative, for too long have remained to quite, including myself.  

Before I tell you who I am going to endorse there are some things that you need to know. I have always voted for the candidate who I think most closely follows my principals and convictions no matter where they stand in the polls. One year  I voted for Allan Keyes and my vote for him was the only one he got in the entire county.

I have never once voted for whom I think could or might win. If everyone did this the media would control who wins. Oh wait a minute that’s what’s going on right now. Another thing I don’t do is listen to what the candidates say they will do. I don’t watch the debates, read the mailings or watch the news. How can he know who to vote for you might be asking? It’s not that hard, I look at what they have done, not what they say they are going to do. The one thing you can be sure of is that a politician will tell you exactly what you want to hear. They can’t undo what they have done.  

This year has been probably been the toughest year I can remember for choosing who to support. I have only seriously considered two candidates all year and the one who came in second was Michelle Bachmann. The candidate that I have chosen to endorse this election is Rick Santorum because I feel he most closely however not exactly has my same core beliefs and convictions. I also believe of my final two he would make the best President.  

You are welcome to disagree, that’s fine. However if you take anything away from this please look into what the candidates have done and not just what they say they are going to do. Please don’t just go by what you hear on TV or read about in the papers or online. Please take the time to find if the candidates has a history of doing what you believe is right and stick with them no matter what the polls say. Voting for the winner means nothing if they don’t stand for what you stand for.

 I have included a fun quiz that if answered honestly is very accurate in telling you which candidate is the closest to your views.

Just remember the people we elect are supposed to represent us not rule us.

Here is the link to the quiz:
http://www.selectsmart.com/president/

No comments:

Post a Comment