Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Who Found Who?



For something a bit different I am going to blog about lines or verses from some of my favorite worship songs.

Today’s song is: Fall apart by Josh Wilson and the chosen lyrics are:

The song starts out like this
 Why in the world did I think I could
Only get to know you when my life was good?
When everything just falls in place
The easiest thing is to give you praise
Now it all seems upside down

I really like the first three lines of this song. Because it is so true, it is really tough for most to get to know and depend on God in the good times. The reason is pride when times are good who usually gets the credit? Why you of course. I do question the 4th line in the song because in reality when times are really good do you give God the praise he deserves? I know I don’t In our sinful condtion it's hard to praise God when everything falls into place. That may be why things get turned upside down.

It’s the last chorus in the song that I really like. All of the chorus’s prior to the last one make me twinge just a little bit because it says “I find you when I fall apart”. I don’t believe that anyone can find God because you can find something that was never missing.  In the very last verse it gets it right when it says you find me when I fall apart.

 'Cause my whole world is caving in
But I feel You now more than I did then
How can I come to the end of me
And somehow still have all I need
God, I want to know You more
Maybe this is how it starts
You will find me when I fall apart

I hate to say it but this is so true for us God is the closest when we are at our lowest. Because to really enjoy God everything else has to be stripped away and we just don’t get it on our own. It’s those times when your whole world is caving in that people “Christians” will find out they do have all that they need. For some I would even say for most that’s how it all starts that God finds you when you fall apart. God knows what it takes to get your attention and when the time is right He will get your attention. For some the way he may get it may seem mean and perhaps cruel but when He gets your attention or you, it is not good? So it begs to ask the quesiton who found who? 

Here is the link to Fall Apart by Josh Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment