Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wrapped up


Well the whole worship song thing was fun however it’s time to get back to the Bible. Since starting this blog almost one year ago I have went through part of the Old Testament and all but one chapter of the new and today I will start Revelation.

 Revelation 2

2 “I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you don’t tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. 3 You have patiently suffered for me without quitting. 4 “But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!

This chapter was written to the church of Ephesus did you notice all of the good things they were doing? Jesus was listing all of those things off like they were getting a lifetime achievement award. Until verse 4 when the but comes. But I have this complaint against you. I‘ll bet that changed the mood.  Even though they were doing all of these good things they did not love Jesus and others like they first did. I think they became so wrapped up in doing all of those things that they forgot about the reason they were doing them. Has this happened to you? If so remember the reason that you do the things that you do. if that reason is Jesus. If he’s not He should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment