Saturday, December 10, 2011

Resturant Review: Martinis



Martinis

Burlington Iowa

Made my first trip to Martinis in probably 15 years it was everything that I expected. The question was what did I expect? First of the views of downtown Burlington, the river and the bridge were amazing. A very elegant atmosphere that I’m sure was more appreciated by Teresa than myself,it was very nice. The service started out very strong but fell off quickly. The food was to be honest just okay. However I did try calamari for the first time and found it to be very good. They had a dill type sauce to go with it the complimented it very well. For the main course I had the tilapia with broccoli and mashed potatoes. Don’t get me wrong it was by no means bad it was what I would just call normal. I was disappointed at the serving size of the tilapia, the broccoli is actually better at the Texas Road House and the mashed potatoes were mashed potatoes. For a place of what we will call that caliber I would expect at least an attempt at presentation and besides a nice plate there was none.  I will say the salad did look nice but had a funky taste to it. I had a better salad at Mazzio's for lunch. However what I expected did come through and that was the value. I felt our bill was just about twice what it should have been for what we got. The bright spot was the good company and it was a place that did allow you to visit. I am never real happy when with a group of 6 and they add a 20% gratuity in my book a tip is earned not entitled. It’s one of those places where you can say I ate at Martinis if you’re trying to impress someone. If you tell me you ate at Martinis I’m not impressed.     

 Price range: (everyday, a night out, a special occasion only) special occasion only  

Overall rankings all based 1 to 5

Atmosphere: 4.5

Service:        3

Food:           3

Value:           1

Overall          2.5

1 comment: