Monday, December 12, 2011

That's going to leave a mark



For something a bit different I am going to blog about lines or verses from some of my favorite worship songs.

Today’s song is: Christ is Risen by Matt Maher and the chosen lyrics are:

Beneath the weight of all our sin
You bowed to none but heaven's will
No scheme of hell, no scoffer's crown
No burden great can hold You down
In strength You reign
Forever let Your church proclaim
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death


 I don’t know if we really realize the implications of the fact that Jesus did bear the weight of all of our sins and how that must felt for someone who never sinned. I truly wish that I could say that I bowed to no one but God’s will as did Jesus but I cave continually to  things other than God’s will. Nothing can hold Jesus down including death and because of that Jesus does reign in strength and we do in fact need to proclaim that Jesus does reign. I will admit that it is the last line here that peaked my interest on this song trampling over death by death. Interesting concept one that we would never think of on our own but by defeating death Jesus has allowed us to come before God again after Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden. The phrase that comes to mind with today’s picture is “that’s going to leave a mark” that same can be said for the resurrection of Jesus it definitely left a mark.
Here is the link to the video

http://youtu.be/-mXeA0G_xKc


1 comment:

  1. John 10:17-18

    English Standard Version (ESV)
    17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

    How much he loves us, to give his life for ours.

    ReplyDelete