Saturday, December 17, 2011

The first Tweet


For something a bit different I am going to blog about lines or verses from some of my favorite worship songs.

Today’s song is: You can have me by The Sidewalk Prophets and the chosen lyrics are:

 If I saw You on the street
And You said come and follow me
But I had to give up everything
All I once held dear and all of my dreams
Would I love You enough to let go
Or would my love run dry
When You asked for my life

If You’re all You claim to be
Then I’m not losing anything
So I will crawl upon my knees
Just to know the joy of suffering
I will love You enough to let go
Lord, I give you my life
I give you my life


 I love the first two verses of this song. If Christ asked you to follow Him would you give up everything? Do you love Him enough to let all of that other stuff go?

Then in the second verse, He is everything He claims to be and everything you gave up to follow Him was really nothing. Then finally once you can find the joy again not happiness but when you can find the joy in suffering you know the glory of Christ. It’s in that suffering that all of that other stuff gets stripped away and that’s when Christ is the closest and the easiest to follow. Long before twitter Jesus sent out the first tweet when He said follow me. There is a cost to follow Jesus and at the time it may seem high. However for what you get, the value it priceless.

Here is the link to the song. I happened to find a great unplugged version.

No comments:

Post a Comment