Friday, December 9, 2011

My Perfect Christmas


As promised I am going to share what my perfect Christmas would look like.

First and foremost the focus would be on Jesus that’s pretty much a given, after all the reason for the day is to celebrate His birth.

There would be decorations that had some type of Christian theme to them and no I would not ban Santa, Rudolf, or Frosty that would be religious of me. But it would be known that the focus was on Jesus.

Christmas music would contain Christ and would be more praise and worshipful. It would more than just sing of His birth, it would speak of his justice, power, might, love, discipline, mercy and without a doubt grace. These would be songs that would be sung year round and not just for the 30 days prior to Christmas.

As far as gifts go I could really do without adult gifts, as for kids I’m not that grinchy. Last year I was a part of a white elephant gift exchange where the only rule was your gift could not cost you a dime. It was so much fun and I know that more thought went into the gifts last year than in many years past put together. It would be nice to free up more cash to be able to buy gifts for complete strangers who were in need. The only gift that any of us really need has already been given to us and that is the reason for Christmas anyway.

Then for the schedule it would work out that everyone you wanted to be with could be together at one time without having to make any sacrifices. That people would be flexible on times to gather and give up Christmas day because really if you’re together does the day matter?

I guess in short my perfect Christmas would have a lot less stuff and a lot more substance and everything would be in the proper perspective. So there would be a lot less stress, a lot less debt and no one getting shot or pepper sprayed at Wal*Mart  30 days before.

No comments:

Post a Comment