Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hello my name is __________



I think a lot of people would consider themselves a victim of sin. When the truth is we are not victims of sin we actually peruse it. Ever since Eve took the apple mankind in a sense has been addicted to sin it’s something we actually chase after just like an addict chases after whatever it is they are addicted to. I chewed tobacco for well over 20 years and was so addicted I would start to get nervous when I was down to half a can. For the addictions we are used to there are 12 step plans for some of them however for our addition to sin it is a one step plan and that is trust in Jesus. Trusting in Him is the only way to break the addiction to sin, yes you will still sin from time to time but when you trust in Jesus, ask for forgiveness and repent you will not be addicted, because true repentance calls for a hatred of sin. So to break the addiction to sin sit down and say Father my name is _________ and I am a sinner, I ask for the forgiveness of my sins, I repent of them, and I place all my trust in you and go from there.

Romans 5:
8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment