Friday, January 13, 2012

Like minded


There are two phrases about being a Christian that I find very interesting. One I like the other, not so much and we’ll start with that one. The phrase I hear from some that just makes me cringe in “you don’t have to go to church to be a Christian.” I usually translate that as I’m not a Christian. However technically that is a correct statement especially when I share the other phrase which is “Going to church no more makes you a Christian than sitting in a garage makes you a car.” There are many who go to church every Sunday that are no more Christian than the one that’s never been. It’s all about heart and motive, if you are a Christian you should want to go to church for many reasons. One is being to be with other Christians, it’s kind of like if you were a Hawkeye fan would you want to watch the Iowa - Iowa State game with a bunch of Clones? (sorry Cyclone fans) no, you would want to be with like minded Hawkeye fans. Then on the other side just because you happen to be at the game does not necessarily make you a fan of either side perhaps you were just drug there by someone else. So church has nothing to do with being a Christian but being a Christian should make you want to go to church. The determining factor in all of this is of course Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment