Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One last gift


Christmas came and went but I want to ask did you leave a gift under the tree? I have praying since Christmas for God to show me what he wants me to focus on at this point in my life and just the other day he made it clear to me and I was embarrassed when He gave me the answer because it was so simple and one that I should have known. He made it clear that I was supposed to focus on the spiritual gift that He gave me and not worry about anything else. A few years ago I went to a seminar on determining your spiritual gifts and it was an eye opening experience because I went into it thinking I knew what my gift was. However when I went through the class and took the final test I actually argued with the results until they were explained to me, then I went oh yea. I wish I could remember the name of the material but I don’t. My question to you is did you leave your spiritual gift under the tree un-opened? I think it would be a good idea to go check. When you determine what your gift is and then utilize it there is nothing more satisfying. The world will try and confuse you into wanting a different gift and when you pursue that you will not be successful or satisfied.

Here is a link to a quick 35 question survey to help you determine what your spiritual gift is. It does not go into much detail however when I took it the results were the same as my two session course.


 Romans 12:6-8 lists the spiritual gifts that God has left for all of His children consider them, open them and use them and just see what happens.

 6 In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment