Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thanks for nothing


Do you ever pray “thank you Lord for the things you have given me?” I have and I’m going to try and stop. Not that I am ungrateful, but if you really want to be honest God has given you nothing. That’s right I said God has given you nothing, not your family, not your house, none of the stuff you have is ever really yours.
It all belongs to God and God has in a sense only entrusted you with His stuff while you are here on this earth and not given it to you. When I borrow a tool or something from a friend I am always extra careful with it because I know it’s not mine. Should I not have the same mentality with all of the stuff that God entrusted to me like His family that lives with me, His house that he lets me live in and His 04 white Silverado pickup he lets me put gas in. Have you come to the realization that your stuff is not really yours, but actually His. And don’t forget you are not even yours, you are His as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment