Thursday, January 5, 2012

Here comes the Son



There is a lot of stuff in the Bible that is quite frankly hard to comprehend especially when it starts talking about what Heaven will be like. The Bible speaks of many things that we aren’t really able to picture like walls made of jasper and the like. But its verse 23 of Revelation 21 that I really want to witness for myself it goes

 Revelation 21

23 And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. 24 The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory.
 

To imagine not needing the sun because the Son is so bright, that the glory of God through Jesus will be enough to illuminate the entire city. For me that is just really hard to understand and I can’t wait to experience it myself. Because then it will all make sense. Just think about here on earth the difference the sun makes in how people feel. Without it, it can get downright depressing. The same can be said of the Son I can’t imagine living without it.

1 comment: