Friday, January 20, 2012

Linn Street Cafe followup



This will not be a full review but some additional thoughts from our second trip to the Linn Street Café.  They overcooked my Beef tenderloin again, however everything else was excellent. Their mashed potatoes are the best I’ve ever had. I usually don’t do desert at any restaurant unless it’s a frosty at Wendy’s but the highlight of the entire visit to Linn Street was the made from scratch bread pudding served with homemade vanilla ice-cream. I don’t even know where to begin it was that good. I am by no means a bread pudding fan but this was awesome. It was so good in fact that it was the special of the night so we ordered it without know the price, that made me nervous. Due to the prices of everything else on the menu I did not hold out much hope, even to the degree I did not take a picture of it. When it was all said and done the value I placed on it was $10, I thought it was worth that. As it turned out it was (I can’t believe I’m say this) only $7. It made the whole visit worthwhile. Too bad it’s not on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment