Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is that a threat or a promise?



I am a list person, I love to make lists, to do lists, eating places, books, movies, tv shows the list of lists goes on and on. If I were asked to make a list of the top 5 promises in the Bible that would be very hard. However I am sure that the very last words that Jesus spoke in the entire Bible would have to make my top 5. The last words He left us with in the scriptures are recorded in Revelation 22: 20

20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

That is a promise that you can take to the bank. It will happen it’s just a matter of when. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying is that a threat or a promise. Just like today’s picture depending on which side you a fully loaded F-18 is viewed as either a threat or a promise. To Jesus’ words here it depends on whether or not you trust in Jesus. If you do it’s a promise, if you don’t it’s a threat. Be ready because it will happen, you just don’t know when.

No comments:

Post a Comment